Money 101 – The Beginner’s Guide to Managing Your Money Properly
Introduction and Course Overview
Section 1: Introduction to Personal Finance
Section 2: Setting Goals: Where do you want to go?
Section 3: Assessment: Where are you now?
Section 4: Understanding the Tools to Get The Life you Want
Section 5: Creating A Plan that You can actually Stick To
Section 6: Execution - Turning plan to Action
Section 7: Staying on Track for life
Welcome to the Money 101 Course. It’s designed to help you manage your money better and achieve your financial dreams. While it doesn’t replace the professional planner, it makes your financial choices much easier and is also a good starting point in case you decide to consult a financial planner.
The overall objectives of the Money 101 Course are to enable you to:
- understand your finances and manage them better
- understand the products and services offered by financial institutions
- grow your wealth through investment
- avoid bad debt
- protect yourself from risk through savings and insurance
Why Money 101
This series is has been titled Money 101 because it is intended to provide you with the first steps on the path to managing your money. It provides a broad overview of what money management is, the tools available to you and how to use them. Since this series is a Money 101, the message is brief and basic. You will have 7 simple lessons on how to manage your money. You will also learn that spending wisely can be fun, and that living your dreams is a lot easier than you think.
The 7 lessons are as follows:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Personal Finance – All about your money
- Lesson 2: Goal Setting – Deciding what you want
- Lesson 3: Assessment – Looking at where you are right now
- Lesson 4: Understanding the Tools – Things to help you move
- Lesson 5: Creating a Plan – Knowing how to move
- Lesson 6: Implementation – Getting Started with the Doing
- Lesson 7: Monitoring and Assessment – Seeing where you’ve gone