This is the digital form of the course we used to teach at strathmore.
This course is coming soon.
The course outline:
LESSON 1 – Welcome
- What is investing?
- Why should you invest?
- Types of investments
- Concepts of investing
- How to make investing work for you.
LESSON 2- Stocking Up on Stocks
- What are stocks?
- Types of Exchanges
- The Nairobi Stock Exchange.
- How people make money in stocks
- Sharia Compliant Stocks
- How to pick stocks
- Going offshore.
LESSON 3 – An introduction to debt securities
- What are bonds?
- Types of bonds.
- Sharia Compliant Bonds
- Bond terms and concepts.
- How people make money in bonds.
LESSON 4– Investing In Real Estate
- Getting your first home.
- Investment in the real estate
- Where to get money to invest.
- How and where to find bargain properties for investing.
LESSON 5– Unit Trusts, Mutual Funds and Insurance
- What are unit trusts?
- What is the difference between unit trusts and mutual funds?
- Is insurance an investment?
- How do people make money?
LESSON 6–Currency and Commodities
- What is currency trading?
- What is commodity trading?
- Do they really make as much money as hyped?
- How do I invest in them?
LESSON 7 – Investing with Investment Groups
- Why investment groups are important
- How to actually make money in an investment group.
LESSON 8– Investing in businesses; private Equity and Venture Capital
- Private Equity ?
- What is venture capital?
- How to raise the funds?
- How to make money.